From just one city in the Netherlands in 2004 to numerous cities all over the world. See if your hometown is already listed!
In 2018 8 Hours’ Overtime for a Good Cause will be organized on Friday 23 March. As every year we expect local enthusiasts all over the world to host the event in their cities.
We will compile a list of all local organisers here. If you’d like to organize (or are already organizing) 8 Hours’ Overtime for a Good Cause in your city, do contact us!
The next edition is on march 23 2018 (eastern is march 30) and as cities are announcing they will be added here.
These cities hosted 8 hours overtime for a good cause in 2017 (is your city missing? contact email@example.com and it will be added):
- Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Tilburg, The Netherlands
- Hof van Twente, The Netherlands (Contact: Karen Breukers)
- Portalegre, Portugal (Contact: Josélia Pedro)
- Cape Town, South Africa (Contact: Chantal Louw) on 20 May
- Ploiesti, Romania. (Facebook, Facebook event)
- Bucharest, Bacau and other cities in Romania on different dates
Also there will the event 'Nachtschicht' on 24 February, in Berlin, Wien, Kärnten and Steiermark (Austria), in Jena (Thuringia), in Nürnberg (Bavaria) and possibly Hamburg, which was inspired by 8 Hours Overtime for a Good Cause.
In 2016 this is the list of participating cities we know of:
- Arnhem, NL
- Apeldoorn, NL
- Berkelland, NL (e-mail, sign up as participant, Facebook)
- Delft, NL (e-mail)
- Dinxperlo, NL (e-mail, 0641265447)
- Groningen, NL
- Hof van Twente, NL (e-mail, Facebook)
- Lochem, NL (e-mail)
- Overbetuwe en Lingewaard (e-mail)
- Pijnacker-Nootdorp, NL (e-mail)
- Tilburg, NL
- The Hague, NL (one week later)
- Utrecht, NL
- Brasov, RO (sign up as participant, sign up your cause)
- Bucharest, RO
- Galati, RO (e-mail, Facebook)
- Edinburgh, UK (still looking for more organizers)
- It wouldn’t be the first time though that the initiative has been picked up somewhere at a local level, without the rest of the world knowing it :)
Take a look at the cities from some of the earlier years before on a somewhat outdated map as an inspiration:
(This map is updated manually, every once in awhile.)
Header picture by Nieuwe Garde Tilburg : 8-i 2011 in Tilburg, The Netherlands.